Friday, September 19, 2014

WEEK 1


Hello everyone, here I am to speak about the first week of class, it is going to be pretty short, since we had no tutorial, and just an introductory class was presented, but I have some points to discuss.

CLASS

My first thought about the class was, another late night class when I will be tired and just think about going home, then everything changed when I saw the internet meme, to be more precise, that one:



I don’t think I need to say that I realized that this class was not going to be like any other, and I highly hope that I am right.
But suddenly I was possessed by the same feeling of boredom that I felt at the beginning when the “Why?” slide was presented, because that is exactly what everyone else say when try to explain why math is important:



I know that I should have more faith in it, since I am at the university, but my feelings from high school are not easily replaced, and I will probably need some magical experience of enlightenment to break my fear of math, but do not worry, because one slide before we were presented to some information about specific fields and what kind of math each one is related. This information is something that I will keep for my life, because I was finally presented to something that tells me exactly where I am going to use math, thank you. It would be awesome if the professor could present some real examples about that utility and obligatory math for those fields of study, but for now, any concrete information that is more than the usual is enough to break the ice where my “faith in math” was kept. If you have any doubt check the slide below, it is beautiful.



Closing the introduction portion of the class, that is how we should feel about math at the end of this course (let’s hope it is true):



After that, the class it self started and those points were presented:

- Precision
- Problem solving
- Quantifiers

if you need to check the lecture to remember anything it is available here.

LAB

No lab this week, sorry guys.

#I hope you liked, and don’t forget to check the week 2.
#Questions, comments, suggestion?! Write it below, I will answer as soon as possible.
#Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment